Get a customized quote
Please fill out the form below and one of our account managers will contact you shortly.
Carmex had teamed with the LeBron James Family Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and was looking for a way to leverage those partnerships. They turned to SCA to create an exciting sweepstakes that offered one Carmex consumer the opportunity to go on-court during a Miami basketball game and attempt a half-court shot for $150,000, to be shared with the two charities.
- Increase brand awareness.
- Generate exposure to basketball fans.
- Leverage partnership with LeBron James.
- Invite Carmex consumers to enter a sweepstakes up to three times a day.
- Offer weekly prizes, such as shoes, basketball jerseys, and Carmex jars.
- Select one sweepstakes winner to win an all-expenses paid trip to Miami to attempt a half-court shot.
- Award the grand prize of $75,000 to the contestant and $75,000 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and the LeBron James Family Foundation if the contestant makes the shot.
- Sweepstakes contestant Mike Drysch shot a sensational right-handed hook that netted him $75,000 plus an additional $75,000 for the Boys and Girls Club of America. After hitting the shot, superstar LeBron James tackled and hugged Drysch in a craze of excitement.
- “Rarely do you see a contest generate the kind of excitement and energy it did in this building.”
- Within three days, SCA had paid out the entire $150,000 – with Drysch and Boys and Girls Club of America sharing the winnings.
- “SCA is great at what they do, namely offering low cost risk coverage for promotions,” said a representative for Carmex. “They are very easy to work with and in our case moved very quickly to help process the payment. I highly recommend working with them on your next promotion.”
A Few Partners Who Like to Win
© 2018 SCA Promotions |
SCA is not an insurance company and does not issue insurance policies. SCA offers promotional event prize promotions under Texas insurance code chapter 1810.