Get a customized quote
Please fill out the form below and one of our account managers will contact you shortly.
In order to have some fun while promoting the launch of their Giant Shrimp, Long John Silver’s decided to tie in with the Mars exploration. They offered America a free Giant Shrimp if NASA officially announced the discovery of an ocean on Mars, past or present, by February 29, 2004. SCA was there to pay in case of a discovery.
- Garner media attention for the launch of their new product, Giant Shrimp, measuring nearly half-a-foot long.
- Tie in with the Mars exploration.
- Have fun with a topical event by offering an out-of-this-world offer.
- Promote the Giant Shrimp and the promotion nationwide in various media outlets, including newspaper and television.
- Announce to NASA the intent to become the first seafood restaurant on Mars. “We are strongly behind NASA’s effort to find conclusive evidence of an ocean on Mars for two reasons,” said the Chief Marketing Officer. “As Americans, we’re proud of NASA’s exploration of space; as the world’s most popular quick-service seafood chain, we get excited about ocean water, wherever it is. If there’s ocean water on Mars, that would be giant news. And giant news calls for Giant Shrimp!”
- Offer one free Giant Shrimp to every person in the U.S. if NASA finds evidence that an ocean existed on Mars by February 29, 2004.
- Long John Silver’s received media attention across the country for their new Giant Shrimp.
- Although NASA did not find evidence of an ocean by the end of February, Long John Silver’s was able to have some fun, gain brand exposure in the media, and generate interest in their new menu item, Giant Shrimp.
- Long John Silver’s enjoyed their most successful product launch ever, which they attribute in large part to the exciting promotion surrounding the Giant Shrimp.
A Few Partners Who Like to Win
© 2017 SCA Promotions |
SCA is not an insurance company and does not issue insurance policies. SCA offers promotional event prize promotions under Texas insurance code chapter 1810.