Get a customized quote
Please fill out the form below and one of our account managers will contact you shortly.
During games three, four, and five of the 2002 World Series in San Francisco, Taco Bell teamed up with Pepsi and Major League Baseball to offer every U.S. resident a free taco if any batter could knock a home run out of the park and hit the fast-food giant’s target. Taco Bell knew it was possible to hit a home run into the cove since 27 homeruns had already landed in the San Francisco Bay since the park opened in 2000. Taco Bell, afraid it could be a feeding frenzy, turned to SCA for over-redemption coverage.
- Increase brand awareness.
- Capitalize on Taco Bell’s new innovative tagline, “Think Outside the Bun.”
- Create extensive media coverage.
- Tap into a topical event that everyone was already talking about.
- Secure a fixed fee promotion with SCA’s over-redemption coverage in order to prepare for the potential pay out.
- Place a 15-foot floating target reading “Free Taco Here” in McCovey Cove, just out of Pacific Bell Park, urging batters to think “Outside the Park.”
- Offer every U.S. resident a free Crunchy Beef Taco if any batter could knock a home run out of the park and hit the target.
- After generating a press release announcing the possible free tacos, media coverage was almost immediate.
- The company achieved over four billion Brand Gross Impressions through Internet stories, radio, and TV mentions.
- Taco Bell’s presence was highly visible. The company received millions of dollars in media exposure.
A Few Partners Who Like to Win
© 2017 SCA Promotions |
SCA is not an insurance company and does not issue insurance policies. SCA offers promotional event prize promotions under Texas insurance code chapter 1810.