Seattle Kia Adventure Squad – RFID Technology
Star 101.5 worked with SCA to create a unique sponsorship package for Kia. They offered listeners a five-night trip to Crested Butte, Colorado through a promotion that brought listeners to 11 different Kia dealerships around Seattle. Listeners registered and then received an RFID tag. Each time a listener visited one of the radio remotes for the contest, the station’s RFID reader picked up the listener’s RFID tag, allowing the station to focus on highlighting Kia at remote events rather than manually collecting information.
- Encourage listeners to interact with Kia, a sponsor of the station.
- Provide Kia with leads to add to their marketing database.
- Create a sponsor package for Kia with a high promotional value.
- Generate NTR for the station.
- Encourage listeners to register by giving them an instant prize and a RFID Adventure Squad Ski Tag.
- Invite listeners to radio remotes at Kia dealerships around Seattle and mountains in the region.
- Enter by having the RFID tag at radio remotes. The station’s team is equipped with readers to automatically register everyone at the event with a tag.
- Provide additional opportunities to win smaller prizes at the Kia dealerships with the station’s Prize Cube.
- Promote the contest via social media channels, e-blasts, a micro site, and radio spots.
- Star 101.5 was able to provide Kia with a sponsorship package that carried a promotional value of over $200,000.
- Kia gained hundreds of promotional leads for use in future marketing campaigns.